Strategic Superannuation and SMSF Advice
Superannuation is the preferred investment vehicle in Australia due to the tax concessions available. Accordingly, where possible opportunities to maximise benefits in superannuation should be implemented. We specialise in providing high level, leading edge advice on superannuation and SMSFs, including:
- Strategies to optimise contributions to superannuation and maximise the level of benefits within superannuation at retirement;
- Strategies to optimise the wealth transferred from one generation to the next;
- Putting in place borrowing arrangements within a superannuation fund under the new legislation;
- High level review of investments within a SMSF to ensure they are compliant with the superannuation legislation;
- Structuring the acquisition of investments to ensure that they are compliant with the superannuation legislation and trust deed;
- Comprehensive trust deed reviews to ensure that strategies can be implemented by the fund trustees and all opportunities are being utilised;
- Advice with respect to death benefit nominations and death benefit rules within a superannuation fund;
SMSF Compliance and Administration
We can also complete the following tasks for your SMSF on an ongoing basis:
- SMSF compliance including financial statements and the completion of the fund’s annual return to be lodged with the ATO;
- Attending to annual review requirements for corporate trustee;
- Completion of all relevant paperwork to support strategies implemented;
- Attending to PAYG instalment lodgement and GST registration;
- Coordinating the audit of the fund’s financial statements;
- Coordination of any actuarial requirements for the fund.
Are you thinking of setting up a SMSF?
If you have been considering setting up a SMSF there can be a lot to consider. It is not a decision to be taken lightly, nor is it for everyone, however the investment and tax options it provides can be significant. Check out this article from our monthly newsletter.